Hi, I’m Terry Olkin, Co-founder and CEO at Left Hand Robotics. Today marks the first day of our Blog, and it’s a great time to give an update on what we’ve been doing. It’s been a fast-paced summer for us — and here are just a few of the highlights:
In June, we debuted our first product, the SnowBot Pro, at the Snow & Ice Management Association (SIMA) event in Montreal. We couldn’t have anticipated the overwhelming response as we talked to snow management pros. I thought we might raise some eyebrows with our self-driving robot that can clear snowy walkways in one pass, but everyone I talked to assured me this is just what the industry has been waiting for.
Our goal was to find 4-5 companies ready to take the technology leap and join our SnowBot Pilot Customer program for the 2017-18 snow season, but dozens of folks filled out the pilot program application to participate.
In the weeks after the SIMA event, we not only filled every slot in our SnowBot Pilot Customer program, we had a growing waiting list! Now we’re rethinking our target production count for the 2018-19 season, not a bad problem to have.
In August, we moved into our Left Hand Robotics headquarters in Longmont, Colorado. It includes a brand new product assembly and testing facility just steps from our software and hardware engineering teams. My co-founder Mike Ott, our CTO, is leading the design and manufacture of our first production run of SnowBot Pro units that will be in the field this winter as we kick off our pilot program.
We have a busy Fall planned as we put the finishing touches on our pilot robot design, complete production, and deliver them across the U.S. and Canada to our Pilot Customers ahead of the snowfall. You may already notice by the rendering that SnowBot looks a little different as we keep iterating and making design improvements.
Starting today, you can reserve your SnowBot Pro for the 2018-19 snow season. Production will be limited, so you want to get your name on the Priority Reservation list.
In the coming weeks, we will share more about SnowBot Pro — we will reveal our 2018-19 product design, a detailed list of product features and capabilities, and pricing.
- Colorado City Puts SnowBot to Work in 2019 Storms: Says it’s a Financial Game-Changer - February 14, 2019
- Press Release – World’s First Autonomous Commercial-Class Snow Clearing Robot to Ramp Production in 2018 as Left Hand Robotics Receives $3.7M in Seed Financing - August 7, 2018
- $3.7M to ramp up SnowBot production and grow the team: SnowBots will be out in force across the U.S. for 2018-19 snow season - August 3, 2018
- 5 Questions with Terry Olkin of Longmont’s Left Hand Robotics - March 17, 2018
- Left Hand Robotics scaling up SnowBots - March 3, 2018
- Press Release – World’s first self-driving, commercial-class snow clearing robot now operating at pilot customer locations across North America - March 1, 2018
- 6 Questions Snow Removal Pros Ask the First Time They See the SnowBot Pro - February 27, 2018
- Check out Left Hand Robotics in the news! - January 4, 2018
- SnowBot Pro Hits the Colorado High Country – See video - December 7, 2017
- From the SnowBot Pro to the Google car, self-driving robots & vehicles share many of the same core technologies - November 9, 2017