A few days ago, we loaded up a SnowBot Pro and drove 60 minutes west of the Left Hand Robotics headquarters in Longmont, Colorado to the Colorado high country in search of fresh snow.
We were lucky to arrive in the early morning to find newly fallen snow, and it wasn’t long before we had the SnowBot Pro off the trailer and clearing snowy sidewalks. Click the image above to watch the video.
The SnowBot Pro easily passed the test of performing at an elevation of over 9,000 feet near Breckenridge, but our real goal was to spend the day running the robot through various tests and trials in the snow (we haven’t had a lot of snow down here in the Boulder area). At the same time, we brought along a camera so that we could take some videos to show to all of you.
You can get the complete story on how SnowBot Pro works — from mapping and saving a path to automatically applying deicer — by watching this 3-minute video.
There’s no business like snow business!
- Colorado City Puts SnowBot to Work in 2019 Storms: Says it’s a Financial Game-Changer - February 14, 2019
- Press Release – World’s First Autonomous Commercial-Class Snow Clearing Robot to Ramp Production in 2018 as Left Hand Robotics Receives $3.7M in Seed Financing - August 7, 2018
- $3.7M to ramp up SnowBot production and grow the team: SnowBots will be out in force across the U.S. for 2018-19 snow season - August 3, 2018
- 5 Questions with Terry Olkin of Longmont’s Left Hand Robotics - March 17, 2018
- Left Hand Robotics scaling up SnowBots - March 3, 2018
- Press Release – World’s first self-driving, commercial-class snow clearing robot now operating at pilot customer locations across North America - March 1, 2018
- 6 Questions Snow Removal Pros Ask the First Time They See the SnowBot Pro - February 27, 2018
- Check out Left Hand Robotics in the news! - January 4, 2018
- SnowBot Pro Hits the Colorado High Country – See video - December 7, 2017
- From the SnowBot Pro to the Google car, self-driving robots & vehicles share many of the same core technologies - November 9, 2017