Position: Product Manager
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Minimum experience: 4+ years relevant work experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree, prefer Engineering
Left Hand Robotics designs and assembles robots that tackle difficult, outdoor tasks. Our first offering is an autonomous snow clearing and de-icing robot that is meant to clear walkways and other pathways that are normally only reachable by shovel or small, manually controlled snow removal equipment. But this is only the beginning.
We look to employ a diverse and highly talented team. We are looking for innovators and risk takers – we are exploring a new frontier and we want people who are excited to take the journey with us. We are small but growing, so everything you do will have a real impact on the company. We believe we have an array of interesting and challenging projects ready for those who want to challenge themselves. If you are excited about robots and to work with other creative, fun, and passionate people, talk to us.
About the Job
Our robots are unique: they autonomously operate outside in harsh conditions (snow, cold, wind, and dark). Yet they must reliably perform their snow clearing job otherwise people won’t be able to walk or ride where they need to go. When it comes to snow clearing, failure is not an option.
Our robots follow pre-computed paths and rely on GPS and dead reckoning to ensure they stay on the path. The robots deploy a number of sensors to ensure that obstacles are avoided. In addition, our robots are constantly connected to our Robot Operations Center in the cloud where real-time status information is conveyed and stored so that our customers can monitor their robots in the field.
The product manager is responsible for representing the product to customers (outbound) and for representing the customer to the engineering team (inbound). The qualified product manager has a technical background so as to understand the details of how the products work.
In the inbound role, the PM is responsible for:
- Interacting with customers
- Understanding how customers use our products
- Filing enhancement requests on behalf of customers
- Prioritizing bugs
- Responding to inbound requests for information
- Keeping the product section of the website up to date and accurate
- Working with engineering to drive product direction
- Working with engineering to create and track release schedules
- Collecting and analyzing feedback from customers during pilot/beta programs
In the outbound role, the PM is responsible for:
- Meeting and presenting to prospects
- Answering any questions about the products to customers
- Social media (posting in our web site blog, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Talking to the press about the product
- Working in booths at expos and conferences
- Public presentations (e.g., meetups, conferences, etc.)
- Creating data sheets and white papers
- Creating documentation (both text and video) for the products
- Creating tutorials (text and video) and other how-to collateral
The qualified candidate:
- Has exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys interacting with people with varying levels of relevant background
- Is more of an extrovert and is able to engage in conversation
- Enjoys speaking in public
- Has a technical background to understand and explain how the product works
- Is willing to travel on average once a month to customer sites and conferences
Left Hand Robotics (LHR) is committed to supporting a culture of diversity across the organization. LHR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LHR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Left Hand Robotics expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LHR’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.